This is your link to research on expatriation and international assignments in the digital age, where state-of-the-art research and practical expertise come together.
Expat-research.org is a platform connection state-of-the-art academic research with requirements and needs of practitioners. It serves as a communication tool for companies who are interested in human resource management and want their business to benefit from latest academic research findings.
Research with Impact
As academics, we aim at publishing our research in world-leading academic journals. However, we believe that research in business also needs to make a practical impact. Therefore, we always strive to make our findings accessible for companies. Via reports, executive summaries, trainings, and workshops, we transfer our knowledge into the corporate world.
Expatriate Performance Management in Germany, UK, and Japan.
- Deep-dive study in three countries
- Assessing the status quo of Expat Performance Management
- Individualized reports for participating companies
- Industry benchmark to boost your business
Current Ongoing Research Projects
We are proud to be working on a variety of different topics in projects across the globe. The projects below are ongoing and we are
Expatriate Performance Management in Germany, Japan, and the UK.
Expatriate Psychological Contracts.
Expatriate Leadership in the Digital Age.
Let’s Keep in Touch
If you are interested in finding out more about our ongoing projects, never miss a report, or want to get updated on our latest research endeavors, please sign up. We are looking forward to staying in touch. And, of course, we will never share your contact information with anyone and only contact you with news related to our research!
Why Research Needs Practice (and vice versa)
Business research cannot be successful without gathering first-hand information from corporate practice. We need you to „see clear“. Practitioners are making the decisions in organizations and they run the show. But that’s only one side of the medal. Independent academic research produces findings and knowledge that, transferred back into practice, can make the difference and help organizations to get better in what they are doing! Here are a few reasons, why you can benefit from our research.
- Academic research provides an independent view
- Universities educate tomorrow’s leaders. The better we do our job, the better they are ready for their job
- We use state-of-the-art statistical methods, yielding in analyses beyond correlations and bar charts
- We can provide you with best practices and new ideas
- Research helps to spot opportunities and threats
- Research gives you an external perspective and encourages you to reflect your company
- Research helps you to find out what you need in order to become and stay competitive
The Team Behind Expat-research.org
We are full-time academics and love what we are doing. We believe that connecting the corporate world with academia is essential for us to do our jobs properly and brings a lot of benefits for companies as well. Find out more about us.
Dr Benjamin Bader
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in International Human Resource Management at Newcastle University Business School.
Dr Tassilo Schuster
Professor for Business Administration, especially for the Economy of Japan at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
Dr Anna Katharina Bader
Senior Lecturer in International Human Resource Management at Northumbria University, Newcastle.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
5 Barrack Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne